We are the jokers, the punks, the dadaists, the yippies, the futurists, the Kekistanis and the pranksters, the anarchists who even undermine anarchy, ‘die chaoten’, the neo-situationists, the marketeers without a cause, the mischievous makers, the outsider artists, the aesthetical terrorists, we are the subversiveness.
We camouflage ourselves by using the language of our opponents and re-use this language to question its identity, its need to exist.
We are the nonlinear thinkers who didn’t fit in the school system.
They see our associative, image-based way of thinking as a disability.
They categorize us as people with learning difficulties.
They label our messy thought process as attention disorders or dyslexia.
This forces us, from youth onwards, to distrust all institutions, all linear systems, so...
We work autonomously.
We cannot obey the linear, our job is to question, innovate, play and prank.
We think outside the box, since we were never inside.
If our intelligence does not find space to blossom, if there is no recognition of our powers, we tend to the dark side.
Criminal deeds: To fix and organize ourselves outside the official structures.
Terror: To avenge the unjust in our lives, projected onto polarized political or religious objects (or just our high school).
If we get to understand the alchemical process, the hermetic wisdom.
If we find how to depolarize and ground.
If we find how to melt our anger and change it into optimistic gold.
If we replace the seperating idea of ‘we’ and ‘they’.
If we find our role in this society, instead of doing shitty jobs that obscure our real potential.
Then we can master matter and dream our futures.
Then we are able to do great stuff.
By the way: After the imaginative revolution spelling mistakes will be rewarded as a deed of civil disobedience.
Here a set of links, If you want to dig deeper into the depicted artists:
1. The Monument for Okay People, by Domenique Himmelsbach de Vries: http://www.himmelsbach.nl/?portfolio=the-monument-for-okay-people
2. The KLF - http://bongheights.blogspot.com/1991/06/klf-rites-of-mu-you-could-put-quotation.html
3. General Idea - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2gVJ1IRxA0
4. Robert Jasper Grootveld - https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jasper_Grootveld
5. MyPolarIce - http://www.teuncastelein.com/mypolarice
6. Yuri Veerman - http://yuriveerman.nl/Putin-a-rainbow
7. Fredie Beckmans - https://www.artlog.net/en/kunstbulletin-1-2-2013/fredie-beckmans-truths-told-if-they-were-lies
8. Servaas Schoone - http://www.oscarvangelderen.nl/post/Fish-Air--on-Servaas-and-the-art-of-doing-business-N35.html
9. Yippies - Jerry Rubin and Abbie Hoffman https://wagingnonviolence.org/feature/the-day-they-levitated-the-pentagon/
10. Laibach - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBuYjttUQn8
11. David Cerny - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropa
12. Joey Skaggs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKMW2273gic
13. Cacophony Society - http://talesofsfcacophony.com/
14. Tom Kennedy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDmFAwZQKYo
15. Peter Watkins - https://www.nfb.ca/film/universal_clock_resistance_peter_watkins/
16. eden ahbez - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Juui-__Xo
17. Martijn Engelbregt - http://www.egbg.nl/?lan=en
18. TINKEBELL - http://www.tinkebell.com/
19. V. Vale - https://www.researchpubs.com/shop/pranks-paperback-also-rare-hardback-available-2-2/
20. Robert Moog - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRg8R-00mjs
21. Selby Gildemacher - http://www.piek.com/category/work/
22. Merapi Obermajer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH9zfkPhMMY