Shigeo Arikawa: Talk to you later. You are independent of homogenization.
When you are looking at this online exhibition, now, I am laughing at a trivial thing with my family at home.
- When I'm laughing, now, my Iranian friend is sitting his lovely brown couch and criticizing international politics, about to post it on Facebook.
- When he is criticizing, now, my American friend is sleeping, dreaming of a person whom he met yesterday at the subway station.
- When he is dreaming, now, my Taiwanese friend is doing yoga at a neighborhood park, smelling lawn grasses. Her black-framed glasses are fogging up.
- When she is doing yoga, now, my Cameroonian friend is hiding. Do you know what is happening in Cameroon? I'm asking you instead of a stupid question "Do you know Africa?"
- When he is hiding, now, my Italian friend is buying vegetables at a food market, picking up vivid carrots for her dinner.
- When she is buying veggies, now, my Thai friend is arguing her position to her boss. A cup poured full of coffee is forgotten.
When she is arguing, now, by the way, you are still looking at the exhibition. I am not laughing now because my daughter started crying.
- When she is crying, now, my Turkish friend is feeling his loneliness even though he is talking to his close friend, turning his eyes on a red hat his friend wearing.
- When he is feeling loneliness, now, my Cuban friend is reading a book about herbs sitting her lovely brown couch, drinking a cup of coffee.
- When she is reading, now, my Philipino friend is singing a song on a bus. The bus is heading to a city center, smells of dinner are coming from opened windows.
- When he is singing, now, my French friend is kissing with her girlfriend. The morning sunlight is coming through curtains, lighting her left side of the face.
- When she is kissing, now my Japanese friend is taking a selfie at a top of a tower. She is caring for her hat not to blow off but her smile is inorganic and perfect. By the way, I forgot the name of the song that he is singing. Do you remember?
- When she is taking a selfie, now, my Korean friend is texting to her father whether he is available next weekend. A clacking sound from her heels is reflecting between buildings.
- When she is texting, now, my Portuguese friend is waking up, having a hangover, finding himself on a wooden floor, the room is messy.
- When he is waking up, now, my Syrian friend is driving a car, taking his son to the school. They are listening to a song. Wait, I’m remembering an old man singing this song in a subway, and this is the song my friend is singing on the bus.
My daughters are now playing as if there was nothing happened. You are leaving.
Talk to you later.
- Abbas Kiarostami / Nema-ye Nazdik
- Quentin Tarantino / Death Proof
- EdwardYang / YiYi-AOneandATwo
- Alain Gomis / Félicité
- Nanni Moretti / Caro Diario
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul / Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
- Semih Kaplanoğlu / Honey
- Juan Carlos Tabio / Lista de Espera
- Kidlat Tahimik / Mababangong Bangungot
- Agnès Varda Les Glaneurs et la glaneuse
- Kobayashi Masahiro / The Rebirth
- Hong Sang Soo / Right Now, Wrong Then
- Pedro Costa / No Quarto da Vanda
- Hala Abdallah, Ammar Al Beik / I Am the One Who Carries Flowers to Her Grave